Become a Foster Carer -Life Without Barriers -Sunshine Coast & Moreton Bay | Tuesday, 15. September 2020
About this Event
Life Without Barriers are holding an information session on the Sunshine Coast for individuals and couples from all backgrounds who are interested in training to become long term or short break foster carers.
No previous parenting experience needed, however if you have experience working in the disability, health or education sectors it is desirable, but not essential. We offer comprehensive training for all new and ongoing carers, plus 24/7 support and a reimbursement to meet the cost of providing care.
WE WILL COVER:
- Different types of foster care,
- Application and assessment process,
- Roles and responsibilities of being a foster carer, and
- Support you will receive from Life Without Barriers.
With nearly 50,000 children in Australia unable to live safely with their family, we are constantly looking for foster carers to provide a caring loving home environment to help young people in our community.
We strongly encourage any person who identifies as Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander to attend.
QUESTIONS:Call Victoria on (07)5376 6700 or email email
RSVP:Online registration - please note once you have registered, you will be contacted via phone for a short telephone interview before the event.
This event will only be held if a minimum number of people respond. Please RSVP or book your ticket through here in case the session is cancelled we can get in touch.
Please note –
- It is not suitable for children to attend these sessions due to the nature of the information discussed.
- There will be tea, coffee and light refreshments provided.
We hope to see you there!