Women's Clover Hill Hike // "New Trip" | Monday, 14. September 2020
About this Event
How do you want your Grandchildren to see you? Up a mountain or in your slippers?
Truth is, we think both are great!
Kick your feet up (in slippers or not) after hiking the stunning Clover Hill Trail.
This hike has escarpment views, rainforest, waterfalls, bird watching and cool creeks, perfect for bring out your your wild side.
And, you don’t need to be a Grandma to attend.
The Clover Hill trail at Macquarie Pass is 40 minutes south of Wollongong and close to Kiama.
After meeting in the car park with a few ‘air hugs’, we follow the old logging route up leading to Rainbow Falls and three smaller falls upstream on the Macquarie Rivulet.
We walk in the dense shade of the forest before the landscape opens up at Clover Hill – these are paddocks cleared by farmers over a century ago and your guide will talk about the history.
High above, the massive cliffs of the escarpment glow yellow and orange in the sunlight, so don’t forget your camera.
The huge rainforest trees, eucalypts, beefwood, Illawarra flame trees, cabbage tree palms and tree ferns, home to lyrebirds and goannas, give way to sunny plains where you will often see kangaroos hopping about.
Do you take the stairs at work? You’ll be able to do this hike! It’s graded moderate because we walk UP and we go DOWN. Women should feel confident on their feet and walking over rocks.. slowly.
* Meeting location: KFC Car Park 145 Tongarra Rd, 2527, Albion Park
* Date: Monday 14th September
* Meeting time: 8.30am in the car park, we drive share from here 10 minutes up the road to the start of the trail.
* Finish time: Between 1-1.15pm
* Distance: 7.1km return
* Level: Moderate to some hard sections. There is rock scrambling, steep hills and steps
* Numbers: Small group of maximum ten women
* Cost: $99 includes booking fee
* Permits and licensing
* National Park fees
* Experienced female guide
* Hot tea and coffee with a morning tea
* First aid
* Photos of your trip
HOW FIT DO YOU NEED TO BE?
A reasonable level of fitness is required for this hike. We take regular breaks, stop for plenty of photos and support each other. Expect to be hiking between 3.5- 4 hours. Bring your walking poles for extra support up and down steps.
WHAT TO BRING:
* Day pack (large enough to carry 2L water, rain jacket, personal belongings)
* Rain jacket
* Hat & sunscreen
* 2-3 Litres of water
* Comfortable walking shoes
* Personal Medic*tion
* Cup for coffee/tea (we have spares, due to Covid we think this is more hygienic)
We’re thrilled you’re thinking about coming with us! Of course, if you have questions email us at email or check out the FAQ’s about trips HERE.
Yes - women turn up individually!
Yup - you’re fitter than you think.
Of course - you can wear your pyjama pants.
See you in Albion Park on Monday 14th September.
Monique Farmer - CEO
Please CLICK HERE for our day trip cancellation policy.